// News, updates, and other stuff...: What a past few months...

Thursday, November 06, 2008

What a past few months...

It is time once again for another comprehensive update. So, away we go...

Family
My cousin Lyn and her then fiance Mark are now married. They got married at the end of May. It was a nice ceremony. I did not make it to the reception, though. But I heard that it went well.

My cousin Gayle is finally engaged!!! JR and her are planning on a wedding next year. I hope everything goes well for them. (In case you are wondering what took so long, JR was wanting to finish school before he popped the question. Good move if you ask me.)

Friends
My friends Ben Fellows and Marta Olteanu got married this summer. Now that they are married, maybe Ben can start helping at the church with the media ministry... :) I wish them the best!!

Tim Arakawa and Sunny Kim also got married this summer. They had their wedding at the LLU Church. At the reception I found out how their relationship really had ups and downs. I also with them the best!!

Speaking of Tim, he, Shawn Koh, and other friends graduated this past June from Loma Linda University. Tim finally got his (paper) degree in the mail.

Conferences
Southwest Youth Conference was good this year. The speakers were good and the messages really good. Some changes though for next year. Since Norman will not be around next year because of his going into the mission field, Angie David is the new director for SWYC. I know she will do fine.

I am actually going to Generation of Youth for Christ this year. I am glad that it is in San Jose, just up the coast from SoCal. I have never been to one so I am not sure what to expect. I still need to finish some planning for the event.

History
As many of you know, this year's presidential elections were historical. It was either the first woman VP or the first African-American Pres. The people of the USA have spoken and we will be swearing in the first African-American President ever! This country has come along way from its forming, to the forming of the Constitution which allowed slavery, to the Civil War, to the Civil Rights movements, to now. A very long way indeed!

Proposition 8 passed and I Praise God!!!

Well, that is all for now.

"But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth."
Psalm 86:15

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

No more updates?

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home