// News, updates, and other stuff...: Lots to catch up on...

Monday, May 28, 2007

Lots to catch up on...

It has been a long while since I posted anything about what has been going on in my life so catching up we go.......

Family...
Things are going ok here. My cousin Dennis finally go married to his girlfriend back on April 29. They have been together for about 12 years if I remember right. They both live in Fresno or in the surrounding area, so my family and I packed up and drove up. It was about a four hour drive. I did not feel right leaving until after Sabbath sunset. We left Saturday night and arrived in Fresno about one in the morning. (Yawn...). The wedding was outdoors at a really nice lake. The ceremony was nice. I was one of the ushers, which was fun, except for the fact that I had to stand in the sun and to what I had to do. That would have been ok, but it was in the mid 90's, and being next to a lake you better believe the humidity was not that welcome. The wedding and reception went ok. Welcome to the family Ate Jaylene!

Another cousin, Emily, will be graduating in two weeks from Loma Linda University. She will be graduating with a masters in family therapy. Of course, coming from our family, she can help all of us out... j/k.

Another cousin, Lyn, graduated this past Friday afternoon with her degree in optamology. Now we can all get free checkups!! Thanks Ate. Congrats to you both!!

Friends...
May 27, 2007
Loma Linda Universitiy Class of 2007
School of Medicine

Jason Shives
Matthew Chan
Ralph Clark
Aaron & Sally Sartin (husband and wife)
Matthew Grube
Pricilla Luke
School of Pharmacology
Anne Curnow
School of Dentistry
Robert (Bob) Shearer
Chonway Tram
Montry Suprono

Congratulations to all of these graduates and also to others I missed while typing this up!!
May God continue to bless you and guide you wherever you go from here. May we all meet again soon if not on this earth, in heaven!!

During a break between the pharmacology and dentistry commencements, I went over with Tim to his place to relax and hang out. Norman and Joelle, and Paul and Janie were there too. We looked at pictures, saw videos, talked about stuff, the girls talked about their weddings coming up, and we watched the Advent HOPE end of the year slide show again. Joelle, Paul and Janie all missed it. It was fun. Thanks Tim for the invite.

Speaking of Advent HOPE, we had our annual end of the year slide show. It was cool. It was really cool seeing Gizmo in a suit. Also with Jason now moving to Florida for his residency, Norman is our new director. God's blessings on you Norman as you take the lead!!

Speaking of Gizmo, he is leaving tomorrow. His family is moving to Kansas. God bless you and your family Gizmo as you now move on to Kansas!

Other stuff...
Contraray to one of my earlier posts, school did not start for me back in April. I am hoping that, Lord willing, I can start again in June and finish my degree (finally) in December.

Creator's Call is coming along nicely. We have more programs on the website www.creatorscall.org, and more are on the way once we get them edited. Right now some of our fellow volunteers are on their way out of state to film a series. Have fun guys.

There is so much more to write, but the clock tells me that it is time to go.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home