// News, updates, and other stuff...: Stuff for August 3, 2006

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Stuff for August 3, 2006

First, I would like to again ask that you please keep two families in your prayers. The Saknit family and the Ziprick family. Both have lost loved ones over the past week, after their loved ones were sick for a while. For those of you who have kept up with my Xanga site, you may remember a post about a friend of mine, Art, who passed away back in March. And now, four months later, Art's wife has passed away. A trying time for both families.

I know that I ask you to pray for a lot of people, and I thank you for those prayers.

In other news...

Ok, here is the next biggest thing to report (maybe the biggest thing for my sister). Some of you may know already that we have a puppy. We have had her for about two months now. Her name is 'Noche', which is Spanish for 'night'. Anyhow, yesterday afternoon we had a scare at home. Noche jumped to try to get a bird and landed wrong, and ended up hurting her leg. Where in her leg I do not know. My sister, Ivy, was really worried. She at first thought that Noche had broken her leg, because after Noche landed she was crying really loud and could not move her leg. My sister and I were the only ones at home when it happened. Ivy then picked her up and held/carried her to comfort her. We then called our mom at work and found out that we had to wait until both my parents got home to take her to the vet. For one hour my sister carried/held our puppy to comfort her. Ivy ended up sitting on the couch carrying for our puppy in her arms/in her lap for an hour. One thing I should add, whenever an animal gets hurt, you can be sure my sister is right there crying with it and doing her best to comfort it.

Well long story short, (I know it's too late for that...), our parents came home, and they with my sister and Noche went to the animal emergency room and found out she only had a sprain and came home that night. Yay!! She is now here at home resting, and walking/limping on three legs now. According to the vet, it will take about two to four days to heal completely. In the meantime, she is taking it easy and with her medicine, is resting nicely most of the day.

My friends Tim and Norman have both posted reminders that are very much needed. You might want to see their blogs. Oh, Tim, I still do not know how to get to your house...

Another friend of mine, Michael, will be leaving for UCLA soon. He will be attending there to get his PhD in History. Yay for Michael! Oh, and Michael, if you are reading this, when exactly do you leave?

If anybody is available the day after tomorrow, August 5, 2006, some friends of mine will be providing a nice program for vespers at the LL University Church. It starts at 5:00pm. Click here for a map.

May you all have a blessed and restful Sabbath.

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Psalms 5:3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home